Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Get "Paid" for This!

I have to say, I have the BEST job in the world! I get to stay at home with my little girls, and be the one to play with them, feed them, talk to them, and see them do new things. It's funny because growing up I never would have thought I would be a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM). The idea was pretty much foreign to me, and I had "big" plans for a career. During my first year of college, while pursuing a youth ministry degree, I felt God changing my heart. I really felt God saying that He was changing my calling a little bit. Turned out I was going to marry a youth minister, and I would be a homemaker.


Trey and I both started out wanting 6 kids! hahaha... Anyway, Callie was definetly a handful as a baby. She had colic and wouldn't sleep unless being held, or in our bed. There were many days we said, "She'll probably be our only one!" However, as she got older she got to be the sweetest and most content little girl. Truly a joy to be at home with everyday!


And so, after a couple years we started talking about another baby. Seems like we had just finished the conversation and then found out I was pregnant:) Little Ashtyn is by far the best baby I have ever been around! She was a great newborn, sleeping well and not hardly crying. She even started sleeping through the night at 2 months! Ashtyn enjoys playing and cooing.

I consider myself very blessed to be a SAHM. It is truly a calling, because it's by no means easy! But, I get to spend my days with the most beautiful girls in the world. I am grateful that Trey supports me in the desire to take care of our girls at home while they are young. And, who knows, maybe one day we'll add another little one to the family...For now, here's what my morning looks like:)


No comments:

Post a Comment