Monday, May 17, 2010

Grandparents are More Fun




This past weekend we went to visit my parents, a.k.a "Mam-maw and Pap-paw." I am always amazed at how much more fun their house seems now as opposed to when I was growing up there...For some reason, it doesn't matter if toys are all over the floor, my child is allowed to eat fruit snacks as a breakfast food, she can have candy or ice cream simply by asking, and her "Happy Meal" doesn't have to be finished to get the toy. My parents will sit down and play whatever game Callie chooses, or watch whatever movie she wants, over and over again.
And the coolest thing so far...they bought a "Tinker Bell" tent for Callie, Ashtyn, and cousin Emma. Wouldn't you know, they set that tent up right in the living room! The closest thing I had to that growing up was hanging a blanket over the dining room table:)
So I guess I can enjoy the fun at my parents house along with my children. But I often find myself saying to them..."You never would have let ME do those things!"
Love you mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment