Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Let Me Introduce You..."




This guy here is affectionately refered to as "Frosty Reid." My dad purchased this door hanging for me a couple years ago. And he is truly MAGIC. The first winter I had him, I put him on the front door. It proceeded to SNOW until I took him down at the end of February.

Well, I proudly put him on our door at the beginning of December this year. It snowed that weekend. And then it snowed again, and again, and again.

This further proved the fact that he in fact, COULD make it snow. There were some threats made by "friends" at church, that if we did not take him down then there would be consequences... One said friend, even went so far as to commit a crime! She stole him, in broad daylight, while we were at home with the blinds open! (We are obviously clueless because we never noticed until she said something)

We had some jokes going back and forth... And that week the predicted snow actually turned out to be RAIN. Now you're starting to believe, right? Well our friend certainly believed in the power of Frosty. So she shamefully brought him back and placed him in his rightful place on our door. It snowed 2 days later...

Now I love snow as much as the next person...but it is February and I am DONE! So, without hesitation, I have taken Frosty off of the door. I am no longer responsible for any snow that falls in Batesville, Indiana. Until next winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment