Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thankful Tuesday

So I know a lot of people use the month of November to tell what they are thankful for everyday. While I know I absolutely have that many things to be thankful for, I also know that I probably wouldn't get around to posting EVERY DAY. Therefore, I've decided I'm going to do "Thankful Tuesday and Thankful Thursday" every week during the month of November.

This first Tuesday I want to reflect on being thankful for staying home with my children. I didn't grow up thinking I would be a "stay at home mom (SAHM)." In fact, the idea was kinda of foreign to me...my mom worked while I was growing up, and pretty much all of my friends' moms worked too. I had always assumed that I would have some sort of career. And, I thought I might have two kids when I was older...

It wasn't until I went to college that I was introduced to the idea of a homemaker. This word truly means more than I even initially thought. As I learned about biblical examples of women who raised their children lovingly and sacrifically, I felt more and more the calling on my life. When I first met my husband and we talked about family he expressed that he wanted his wife to stay at home also. And he has been fully supportive of that the entire time we've been married.

My life has changed a lot since Trey and I got married. My role as a wife and mother has changed and evolved with each season in life and child added to our family. There are some days, or weeks that I never get out of the house. My hair is in a ponytail so that no little hands can pull on it...I often don't wear any make-up. Sometimes the only adult conversation I have is talking a few minutes with Trey or my mom on the phone. But the time I have with my children is priceless.

I remind myself that these years will go by way too fast, and soon most of the time my children will be in school. What a blessing it is to be able to spend this time with my girls! And I am so thankful for a husband that works hard for me to be able to stay at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment