Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today is a very special day to me...November 11. It's Veterans Day, and growing up my dad and I would have "Hannah-Daddy day" every year on Veteran's Day. We would go Christmas shopping and just have some special time together, and it was a tradition that I looked forward to. But there is another November 11th event that will forever stand out in my mind as well...November 11, 2005. It was the day that my first baby went to heaven.

I can remember each feeling and emotion as if I were experiencing them for the first time. The utter devastation I felt when I found out that the baby I had been carrying for 3 months, no longer had a heartbeat. My arms still ache to hold that baby...that I will one day get to hold in heaven.

Five years have passed and although I will say it DID get easier, it's never forgotten. It has completely influenced me and changed me forever. Five years ago I wondered if I would ever have a child to hold, and to raise... I am so unbelievably thankful for the two daughters that God has blessed me with! I don't take one second for granted.

It's funny though, even after all this time I will have moments when I look at my girls both riding in the backseat of the car, or playing together and can't help but think "one is missing."

I will never forget my first child...and I will never forget what a blessing God has given me in these two girls. I am so thankful He has entrusted me with them:)

No comments:

Post a Comment